- Vegan Fisherman Shrimps
- Fresh lettuce or leafy greens of choice
- Strips of raw Thai chili pepper
- Salty soy sauce
- Sweet soy sauce / ketjap manis
- Sriracha, sambal, or other hot sauce
- Water (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Strips of green onions (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Deep frying (recommended):
the best results are obtained by frying Vegan Fisherman products in vegetable frying oil (180 °C) for 2 – 4 minutes.
- In the electric oven (220 °C) or hot air/ fan oven (200 °C): bake for 13 – 15 minutes, preferably with 10% steam (if possible).
- In Airfryer: 15 minutes at 180 °C. Don’t forget to turn regularly. High- speed oven
- In the frying pan: Bake until brown on all sides within 6-8 minutes with plenty of oil or vegetable butter/ margarine.
Pluck the greenest leaves from the lettuce or choose your favourite, raw, leafy greens, like spinach or pak choi. Wash and dress the leaves and prep themlike a welcoming bed on a plate or platter. Bake, stir-fry or deep-fry the Vegan Fisherman Shrimps as described on the box, and garnish with freshly cut strips of chilli pepper. Sliced spring onions and peanuts also complement this dish like a charm.
Start preparing the dip with a combination of salty soy sauce and sweet soy sauce (ketjap). Add sriracha, sambal (chilli paste), or any other hot sauce if you like it spicy. Went a bit overboard? Ouch! We got you: add sugar, water, and/or lemon juice to make the sauce milder. Not hot enough for you? You know what to do … More is more!